You won't be assigned to games or roles. Join (or lead) games you want to make. The club works on multiple games at a time. Follow your interests. Try new skills. Get practice.
We are all here to help one another learn and create. Our club does not approach making games as a competition. Everything is faster and easier with a supportive peer group.
Our approach works in your busy life. Club games come together over months, with most members fitting in a few hours each week. Everyone's schedule is different.
Learn as you go, with confidence. Membership includes months of training materials, our members forum, and help from experienced, professional mentors.
• Forbes 30 Under 30 for Entertainment in 2011
• IndieCade 2010 Finalist, GameU Co-Chair since 2014
• Club Founder (Georgia Tech, Carnegie Mellon, global)
• Twitter @Gamkedo, worldwide community
• Udemy instructor teaching 50,000 students
• HobbyGameDev blog six years of weekly articles
• Conference Speaker, both academic and industry
• Engine & levels, Vision by Proxy 2, 7+ million plays
• Interaction Artist, 219 daily experimental prototypes
• Given over 900 hours of private training in gamedev
• Book in Humble Freedom Bundle, 100% for charities
• Founder of #1GAM, now on its 5th year
• Created 40 games
• Written 15 tutorials
• Two published books
• Composed 75 songs
• Professional voice actor
• Collaborative GameDev Mentor in Gamkedo Club
"I like that the group isn't tied to the physical location, making it possible to be part of a development group from anywhere. Gamkedo Club has helped to increase my skill level and provided good experience doing team projects."
Project Lead on 2 teams
Contributor on 5 games
Questions about Gamkedo Club?
or call 917-GAME-DEV (426-3338)
Anyone can join Gamkedo Club directly, with no application process. However, our one-on-one help and mentored group practice is made possible by membership dues. Although our rates are comparable to a gym class or training with a dojo we recognize this is still outside the budget for many people who may otherwise be a great fit to develop as part of our group.
That's where Gamkedo's Patreon comes in. Patreon is a monthly crowd-funding platform, so rather than a one-time goal like KickStarter it's a recurring arrangement. Through the generosity of anonymous sponsors our group is able to accept a limited number of members at no direct cost, dues covered fully at a reduced rate through Patreon supporters.
If you would need sponsorship to participate in Gamkedo Club you can fill out our short application. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept all applicants, however it's free to apply and does not take long.